Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update

So I thought I would write just a quick update on the last few weeks. Ella is getting so big and becoming such a big girl! I can not believe all the sentences and thoughts that this little two year old can come up with. It really just blows my mind! She is way smarter then me, so we know she got that trait from Vic!! It was great to have my Mom visit. Ella misses her Gran so much between visits. She has a new thing where she says "I am mad at ______" (insert name here) She said to me yesterday "I am mad at Gran" so I of course said why? she then said "because I want her to come and see me, I miss her" How sad is that. I am trying to explain that it is not nice to be "mad" at anyone, but that was just so sad. The good thing is that Gran will be flying in on the 15th for an entire week to help with the move. We can not wait to see her again, and she will be a much needed help! The house looks so great! Everything is just the way we want it, and it is basically finished, just needs some touch ups. Every time we go to look at it we turn in the neighborhood and Ella says "Oh thank you so much, it is my new house" (in the most dramatic drawn out way possible) Yes she has a real flair for the dramatic. Wonder where she got that??!! While my Mom was here we had Victor take the crib apart and assemble Ella's bed, this was a project that took half the day. I thought she was ready for her "big girl bed". This was a BIGGGGGG mistake. She had a cow. She cried and cried and begged "please put my bed back together" It was so traumatic, for all of us. So then Victor had to spend the next day putting the crib back together and taking the bed apart. (just a side note, I read up on changing to a regular bad and all the signs were there so I thought she was ready. Don't believe everything you read. It also said that if they panic or "freak" out to immediately put them back in their comfort zone and try it again later). So needless to say Victor is my hero for getting the crib back together quick. So that did not work out for me at all! I guess we will wait until she is much closer to 3. Last but not least, Victor has been very busy with work and out of town a lot during the week so Ella and I have had a lot of fun girl time! I hope that Vic work slows a bit, he needs a break! I am so thankful for how hard he works so I can stay home and be with Ella. I would not trade it for anything in the world! We miss and love you all, until next time.....PS Em if you read this the new season of Greek started, and so did The Hills so we need to set up a coordinating nap time so we can again pick up our discussions about what is going on. Like we really know these people! Miss you, kiss Reagan and Lauren for me. Oh and Steve too!!! PSS Ariele OTH starts again soon so I will need to chat with you as well! Kiss Griffin and Peyten for me, and Jason too!

1 comment:

ariele post said...

hi,so glad to hear about the house!!! and thebed... i dread putting griffinin a big boy bed, probaly closer to 3 as well. as for OTH can't wait and i have been watching the hills and i also watch greek too,so we can chat about that!!!! miss you! let's talk this week.

ariele